Thursday, October 2, 2014

Madeit Shop Closed

For various reasons (mostly the dramatic decline in activity and sales this year and last) I have decided to close my MadeIt shop and concentrate on Etsy as my online selling space (which conversely has seen a dramatic increase in activity).  It has brought home to me how very quickly the online shopping world can change - though I am not sure why. Perhaps shopping is now perceived as a global activity. And many shoppers no longer want to be constrained by physical and geographic considerations and are looking for a single global portal with sophisticated search and refinement options, rather than the time consuming activity of sifting through the multitude of local handmade shopping sites that have sprung up recently - at least here in Australia. Who knows - but it is a fascinating business to keep abreast of. Too bad about my hard copy business cards!

No comments: