Saturday, August 9, 2014

Fresh Is Best

I only sell my bags at retail outlets and the twice yearly Botanique Bazaar, primarily because I think potential buyers like to touch and feel such a personal item and that's very hard to achieve in an online environment (for me anyway). And besides there are so many such items for sale on a site such as Etsy (a "bag" search retrieved 620,000+ items!!). It's very easy to get lost in the maze'.

Even so I discovered it's very important to keep coming up with fresh new designs and variations and not fall into the trap of just keeping to the same old pattern, even if initially very popular, if the sales are to keep coming.

The bags in my previous post have sold already so I need a couple more for my "space" at the Samford Slab Hut.
This variation on this linen and denim tote (a bit larger than my usual pattern) features a front printed panel (kangaroo paw) and ring closure, an interesting finish to the handles and a printed fabric topped pocket (I didn't have enough printed fabric for the complete pocket).

And this take on the linen and denim folded clutch (tea tree). Straps are detachable so the bag can also be used as a tote and a hand held clutch as well as a shoulder purse making it quite versatile.

No comments: