Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Banksia and Friends

Following some feedback, I recut my banksia stencil and will use this one for placemats and sewing projects. The original I will keep for tea towels and table runners.

So this is the latest version

And the original which is a bit more symmetrical



I've also recently learnt how to make a simple lamp shade using my screenprinted bower of beauty fabric.


I'm very proud of this - learnt at a 3hr Lamp Shade Workshop run by Julie at the Ministry of Handmade. I love doing this, but the components are very expensive.

And finally I had a great surprise last Saturday morning early when I looked up into the big grey ironbark at the bottom of the slope - my own resident koala!

1 comment:

tigrrlily said...

OMG! OMG! A koala in your garden.

Love the lampshade, but your very own drop bear, that is just amazing.