Sunday, July 17, 2011

A Few of My Favourite Things

I've been travelling for the past few weeks and it's always nice to come home and renew acquaintances with my favourite possessions again. Here are a few....

My faithful Mattt bag (actually that went with me on my travels)

My botanic bottle vase from Angus and Celeste who are based in Melbourne

The pot plants holder so cleverly made from a palm frond by Wendy. Wendy's works can be seen and purchased at the Slab Hut in Samford

The mobile made from sea shells washed up on the shores of beautiful Bribie Island - a housewarming present from my friends David and Carolyn. David doesn't sell these (but I think he should)

And something else from Bribie Island (the gorgeous shop at the Arts Centre) - a soldier crab made from fencing wire. I don't remember the artist's name (a local) but he has lots of other animals made from wire on sale there.

And finally a couple of favourites I have had for probably more than 30 years. My green frog from Magnetic Island (in lieu of a real one - sadly they have all but disappeared here)

And the Torres Strait Pigeon light catcher which has also travelled up and down the east coast of Australia with me.

Oh - and I have come back to some yummy eggplants growing in the garden

No comments: