Monday, July 18, 2011

A Bit About Bribie

I mentioned Bribie Is a couple of times in my last post so I thought I would write a bit more about this gorgeous spot less than a hour's drive away. Most people bypass it on their way to the Sunshine Coast so it remains a little backwater and I'm sure that's how the residents like it. I don't have any recent photos but this link has a slide show and lots of information about its attractions. One for me is the Bribie Island Community Arts Centre.

I think their website is currently being updated because it doesn't mention the lovely shop which is part of the complex. I took some photos on a recent visit. It is a beautiful open space full of light, and shows off the arts and crafts pieces just perfectly. There is even a little area outside where pieces suitable for outdoors are displayed. In addition there is a large multipurpose exhibition space and studios.

I'm hoping PalumaPrint goodies will be available there soon.

No comments: