Thursday, May 19, 2011

Something New

I've just tried my hand at making fabric baskets (or buckets or organizers). I actually made one ages ago and use it for storing zips - extremely useful. So after a bit of experimentation I tried a few sizes and came up with these using my Brisbane wattle screenprint!

They are now in my Etsy shop (but I am tempted to keep them myself!).

Imagine them filled with lots of goodies as a gift for a friend.

And my little Brisbane wattle (Acacia fimbriata) which used to look like this just last July, is now more than 2 metres tall and has flowers forming. Can't wait to photograph it - it is a beautiful little tree - every garden should have one.

3 comments:

Thea said...

The baskets look great!

gaby@stilelemente said...

They're lovely. I've been seeing some really nice fabric baskets around lately and have been planning some myself for a while but just haven't had a chance to get back into the sewing room.

tigrrlily said...

Love your baskets. Great colours and design.