Thursday, May 26, 2011

Inspiration This Week

This has to be one of my most favourite native plants - the Golden Penda (Xanthostemon chrysanthus)



I discovered this beauty before it became a super popular nursery plant and the council started planting them as street trees (at least I think I did). It is a lowland rainforest tree of tropical north Queensland and I first found them flowering on the banks of a creek in the rainforest around Tully. Now I have a couple in my garden and one has started to flower already - so beautiful.

I was so entranced by the flower in my t shirt printing days I just had to do one. Here is the sample print I kept - now  20+ years old and a little faded and dated, but brings back lots of memories of life in NQ.

2 comments:

gaby@stilelemente said...

Lovely :) There are so many beautiful natives out there, I don't think we'll ever run out of subject matter!

Mari said...

I love how you interpreted the flower on the fabric. It looks a bit like the flowers are dancing :)