Friday, April 1, 2011

Bags in Bulk

Well not quite....But I decided I need to be more efficient in my bag making. No more pfaffing around making one bag at a time. I don't have that much time and I would rather be designing and trying out new items. So here is my effort from the last day or so (there are four there) - plus lots of fabric for purses now cut out, interfaced and ready to be sewn. I find this to be the most time consuming (and dare I say boring) part and much more easily done as a bulk lot. I just have to have lots of fabric printed and ready to go.

I'm into green at the moment but there is a blue one that's snuk in. And I have just discovered how to make yo-yos as embellishments. One step up from covered buttons!

But there's still time to wander around the garden and see what's flowering this week.
It's another native hibiscus! This one is the Prostrate Hibiscus (Abelmoschus moschatus). Mine is a bit contrary - it's not prostrate at all - in fact it is quite upright though not very tall, and it's got a yellow centre when it supposed to be maroon.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I just love your bags. I have been on the lookout for the 'right' handmade bag and I have found it! Will you have your bags listed on madeit or etsy? Can't wait to purchase one :)