Saturday, February 12, 2011

Birthday Beach Bag

I have just finished a birthday present for my sister - a beach bag.

This is my first go at the Nicole Mallalieu Beach Bag pattern (although it is one of the first of her patterns that I bought). I used my umbrella tree screen print in turquoise on pale blue (an interesting colour combination but it works really well). There are three external pockets in the front, a zipper close and a turquoise "yo-yo" to finish it off .


This is what the back of the beach bag looks like.

And it is fully lined in turquoise with a zippered pocket and three compartment pockets. Loads of room for all her stuff.

Hope she likes it. It's taken me long enough to get around to making it!

1 comment:

Sue Roberts: The Preserving Patch said...

Looks very nice. Don't suppose I am the sister it is meant for....it is a bit early for my birthday!