Saturday, October 17, 2009

One Week to Go!

Before the big final move back to Queensland after 15 years in Victoria. I am looking forward to some warm weather after weeks of low temperatures and grey skies here in Melbourne. But I have been making the most of these last weeks to soak up as much Melbourne design and culture inspiration as I can. I am like a big sponge (helped by my trusty notebook). I will have to come back yearly for a topup. At least with the internet and blogosphere, physical location becomes almost irrelevant in being able to track what's going on in the creative world. I will miss the easy access to looking and touching the lovely works of local Melb screen printers - such as Ink & Spindle, Pippijoe and Spin Spin and the words of wisdom from sewing teacher, handbag designer and pattern maker Nikki from Nicole Mallalieu Design (going to one of her classes in 2008 set me back on the road to screen printing and sewing again).

But Brissy is looking pretty good with plenty of local indie designer markets and regular blogs such as BrisStyle and those produced by a raft of local crafters. So I am itching to get stitching again (but I've packed up my machine) and getting back into printing - soooo hard trying to do it in an apartment.

No comments: